M/Y more than 700GT – Delivery & Acceptance
Delivery and acceptance of a new build yacht can be difficult. However because our technical & registration department speak to flag, class and other regulatory bodies on a daily basis this is second nature to the Arrow team.
In 2015 we have been brought into a delivery and acceptance process of a 700GT plus project by the client’s advisor. The clients already had a technical team on site responsible for the building of the yacht, however they were not so specialised in ownership structure, registration and operational requirements.
We were requested to take full control of every aspect of delivery and acceptance of the vessel (other than technical) to ensure the vessel made the 6 weeks deadline to collect the clients.
This process included:
- Building contract terms were fulfilled correctly
- Dock and Sea trials documented correctly
- Rest points and minor defects reported
- Attending the final closing meeting
- Checking all original flag, class, and build documents were correctly issued and ready for closing
- Reviewing all crew were correctly qualified, trained and ISM/ISPS proficient
- Ensuring the vessel was registered,complaint and that the VAT position was correct
“The yacht arrived 4 days ahead of schedule to collect the owners and they are more than satisfied with the services from the Arrow team.”
The deadline for the above was extremely short particularly as we had no knowledge of the vessel prior to being involved. Using our expertise in people management skills we managed to get all the parties from the 10 plus different cultures to come together and work as a team to deliver the clients goal.
The yacht arrived 4 days ahead of schedule to collect the owners and they are more than satisfied with the services from the Arrow team.