For a new build yacht, being able to walk through a project as it develops gives owners a feel for how interior spaces are evolving. Making comparisons between scans made at different stages also helps the construction team to proactively track and react to changes before reaching the advanced stages of construction.
– Production stage scans allow future references to the technical installation of systems for refit & repairs, giving the crew and contractors ‘eyes behind the walls’. This allows solutions to be found at a significantly faster pace.
– Visual tags can be used to highlighting items, allowing users to quickly make informed decisions.
– Scans allow users to observe as the project develops in real time, aided by ‘Deep Links’ (that can link items to a construction log) or progress reports (that can ‘fly’ directly to the items in question).
– Being able to walk through spaces allows users to observe the placements and arrangements of interiors, which can be updated with ‘before & after’ pictures of selected spaces.
– Scans can be used to produce high-resolution photos, as well as giving the ability to take accurate measurements without being present.